Event Planning Volunteer
LOCATION: 410 Pierce St., Houston, TX 77002
TYPE: Flexible (between 10 hours/week to full time)
The U.S. – China Innovation Alliance (UCIA) is registered in 2015 as a non-profit 501 (c)(3)cc3 tax-exempt organization that aims to provide a platform to promote the exchange of ideas and collaboration in innovation between China and the U.S. We organize the annual U.S.-China Innovation and Investment Summit (UCIS) in Houston that brings Chinese investors and innovative U.S. based companies together. We also put together roadshows that bring innovative U.S. technology companies to China for B2B matchmaking and provide other services that help U.S.-based companies connect with resources in China.
- Assist the Program Manager in planning and execution of milestones for the upcoming UCIS and InnoSTARS Competition
- Lead research initiatives in support of partnerships and track partnership and sponsorship statuses
- Coordinate event planning related logistics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Marketing or a related field
- Previous work/intern/volunteer experience preferred in event planning, project coordination and management in a non-profit setting
- Proven track record of identifying and maximizing event opportunities
- Must be a self-starter who requires little to no supervision to meet corporate goals
- Excellent time management and communication skills required
- You must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and willing to travel to event sites on demand
Depending on the actual working hours, you would be providing
- Profile display on UCIA website
- A free ticket to the US China Innovation and Investment Summit
- CPT/OPT/E-verify (STEM majors) support
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for experience in or thinking about a career in U.S. – China technology colaboration.
- Networking opportunity with industry leaders.
- Work experience with an elite team.
How to apply
Please read the application instructions carefully.
Email the following to email@example.com and indicate job title “Event Planning Volunteer” in the subject line.
- Cover letter;
Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your application as having been received unless your email is bounced back.
The U.S. – China Innovation Alliance is an equal-opportunity employer.