Marketing and Communications Assistant
LOCATION: 410 Pierce St., Houston, TX 77002
TYPE: Flexible (between 10 hours/week to full time)
The US-China Innovation Alliance (UCIA) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that promotes innovation through the exchange of ideas and collaboration between China and the US. We organize the annual US-China Innovation and Investment Summit (UCIS) in Houston, which provides a unique opportunity for innovative technology startups to connect with investors, strategic partners, leading incubators/accelerators, and professional services firms from China. It is an excellent platform for technology companies to leverage significant resources from China to accelerate their growth and to expand their market potential. The UCIA also organizes roadshows to bring innovative US technology companies to China for B2B matchmaking and provides other services to help US-based companies connect with complimentary Chinese resources.
- Work closely with marketing manager and marketing consultant;
- Execute the marketing plan under supervision of marketing manager and marketing consultant, including the production of program flyers, weekly newsletters, social media posts, press releases and brochures;
- Collaborate closely with all departments on social media strategies (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others) and implement electronic promotions to increase audience engagement;
- Arrange for vendor services for design, printing, photography, ad placement, and other services.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Marketing, PR, International Relations or relevant field required;
- Experience in social media (Facebook, Linkedin, twitter, instagram) marketing and design software such as photoshop, illustration;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and professionally in a creative, fast-paced, intellectual team environment;
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Chinese is a plus.
Depending on the actual working hours, you would be providing
- Profile display on UCIA website
- A free ticket to the US China Innovation and Investment Summit
- CPT/OPT/E-verify (STEM majors) support
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for experience in or thinking about a career in U.S. – China technology colaboration.
- Networking opportunity with industry leaders.
- Work experience with an elite team.
How to apply
Please read the application instructions carefully.
Email the following to email@example.com and indicate job title “Marketing and Communications Assistant” in the subject line.
- Cover letter;
Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your application as having been received unless your email is bounced back.
The U.S. – China Innovation Alliance is an equal-opportunity employer.