LOCATION: 7707 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77054
TYPE: Flexible (between 10 hours/week to full time)
The U.S. – China Innovation Alliance (UCIA) is registered in 2015 as a non-profit 501 (c)(3)cc3 tax-exempt organization that aims to provide a platform to promote the exchange of ideas and collaboration in innovation between China and the U.S. We organize the annual U.S.-China Innovation and Investment Summit (UCIS) in Houston that brings Chinese investors and innovative U.S. based companies together. We also put together roadshows that bring innovative U.S. technology companies to China for B2B matchmaking and provide other services that help U.S.-based companies connect with resources in China.
- Coordinate and communicate with different departments
- Create and maintain databases and manage databases for events and contacts
- As directed, other office support functions including website updates compiling and formatting marketing materials, prepare shipments and mailings, maintain office supplies inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Commitment to the mission of the UCIA.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in International Relations, Business, Economics or relevant field required .
- Previous work/intern/volunteer experience preferred in a non-profit setting .
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and professionally in a creative, fast-paced, intellectual team environment .
- Ability to work independently and with other team members to achieve institutional goals.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills .
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of UCIA partners and sponsors.
Depending on the actual working hours, you would be providing
- Profile display on UCIA website
- A free ticket to the US China Innovation and Investment Summit
- CPT/OPT/E-verify (STEM majors) support
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for experience in or thinking about a career in U.S. – China technology colaboration.
- Networking opportunity with industry leaders.
- Work experience with an elite team.
How to apply
Please read the application instructions carefully.
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate job title “Project Coordinator” in the subject line.
- Cover letter
Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your application as having been received unless your email is bounced back.
The U.S. – China Innovation Alliance is an equal-opportunity employer.